I am in LOVE with this Brussel sprouts recipe. Both my husband and I have historically hated Brussel sprouts but now he regularly requests that I whip up these bad boys. They are amazing.
Perfect Brussel sprouts:
- 1/4 cup diced red onion or shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups shredded Brussel sprouts (or buy 1 lb and shred them on your own
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- salt & pepper
1. Prepare the Brussel sprouts by chopping them as pictured
2. On high heat place the onion and garlic in a sauté pan and sweat the onions until translucent (about 5 min)
3. In a cup place the warm water, balsamic vinegar, and salt & pepper. Set aside.
4. Put the shaved Brussel sprouts in the pan and caramelize for about 5 mins.
5. Add the sundried tomatoes and pour in your liquid mixture, cover and cook stirring occasionally until the Brussel sprouts are tender.
Xoxo- reverent lion
I love any recipe that allows me throw in whatever extra vegetables I have laying around and still produces an amazing meal. Vegetable spring rolls do just that. The first time I made these babies it was a disaster, but once you learn how to handle the rice paper you can throw them together quickly and easily and they will soon become a go-to meal in your arsenal!
First, slice the vegetables that you would like as your filling in roughly the same size as I have done pictured above. For this batch I have included yellow bell peppers, carrots, snow peas, green onion, cilantro, and arugula. Here is a list of possible filling choices, but get creative, there really is nothing off limits here!
- Cilantro (a must!)
- Lettuce (romaine, spinach, arugula, anything!)
- Bell peppers
- Green onions
- Red cabbage
Next, get out your rice paper sheets and set up your work station. I have pictured the rice paper that you will likely find at your local grocer. It is made out of white rice. I have ordered the brown rice sheets off of Amazon, but they are quite pricey. Either will do (obviously the brown rice sheets are preferable). Let me know if any of you know of a more reasonably priced brown rice sheet out there!
You want to set up a plate with cold water and a clean dish towel (I have found it easier to roll the rice paper on top of the dish towel.
Now submerge the rice paper in the cold water and place it flat on top of the dish towel. Place your desired fillings on top of the rice paper and now roll the rice paper around the fillings like a burrito!
XOXOXOXO – Alyssa