I have been seeing “Chia Pudding” popping up all over the place recently. I have not had much of a desire to try the concoction until a great friend of mine recently sent me a recipe for a tropical chia pudding. In honor of her I wanted to come up with a new and different recipe to add to her arsenal.
First of all, lets go into what “Chia Pudding” consists of. Chia seeds are a small round seed that have been touted all over the place as a new superfood. The truth of the matter is that Chia has been a superfood for a very very long time. The Aztecs and the Mayans used the chia plant as an energy booster. Chia is rich in antioxidants and omega 3s! There have been studies regarding the seeds ability to act as an appetite suppressant, however, these studies are inconclusive and let’s be honest, there is no magical weight loss pill or fix just good nutrition and a lot of moving that body! Regardless, chia is nutritious and a good addition to your arsenal and this recipe is the perfect way to begin incorporating it into your diet.
It is no secret that I love chocolate. Raw cacao is one of the most antioxidant rich foods you can find! Check out my recipe for health chocolate for more information on the benefits of raw cacao. So, when coming up with a recipe for chia pudding I decided my best bet was to combine these two antioxidant powerhouses into a chocolate coconut chia pudding that will absolutely knock your socks off.
The trick to chia pudding is to make it the night before and leave it in the fridge in a sealed container (I use a mason jar) overnight. Chia seeds posses the ability to absorb almost 10x the liquid of their original size! When left in liquid overnight the liquid takes on a gelatinous consistency similar to a pudding that is delightful.
What you will need:
2 Tbs Chia Seeds.
2 Tbs Raw Cacao.
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon.
1 1/2 Cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk (or Almond Mik).
Stevia or Honey to taste.
Sprinkle of unsweetened coconut flakes.
Place all ingredients in a mason jar and seal the lid on the jar tightly. Shake shake shake until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Place in the fridge and wait ten minutes, shake the jar again to avoid any clumping of the chia seeds. Leave in the fridge overnight and wake up to an amazing surprise!
I topped my chia pudding with a sprinkle of coconut flakes but you can top yours with just about anything (banana slices also sounds yummy to me)
This will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days and the recipe technically makes 2 servings but… I typically eat the whole thing.
OK so these little babies are my absolute favorite. I bought a pack of four of them from Amazon for about 12 dollars and I have been using them like crazy ever since! There are a million different ways you can use them but this workout is specifically targeting your core and your glutes.
- 50 Sliders in and outs – straight leg. (Begin in plank position with the sliders underneath your feet and while keeping your legs straight, use your core to bring your feet to your hands as pictured below.)
- 50 Sliders in and outs- bent legs.
- 50 Sliders in and outs- wide legs
- 50 sliders extended wide to narrow legs
- 50 Breast stroke kicks (it was hard to get a good photo of this one but it’s exactly as it sound just think back to your old swimming lessons with the sliders on your feet
- 50 Spider-Man push ups with the sliders on your feet (imitate the pic below and then switch sides and continue to 50
- 50 Hamstring curls with the sliders on your feet
- 10 plank walks from one end of the room to the other with the sliders on your feet
- 50 lunges each leg with slider on your back foot. In this picture I have added a yoga block underneath my front foot for an added challenge but this is optional
VOILA!– xoxo — Reverent lion
Here is a mini-series booty workout to add on to whatever workout you have planned for the day. Do this entire series 4 times all the way through.
1.) 25 donkey kicks, each leg (25 right leg, 25 left leg)
2.) 25 donkey kick pulses, each leg. Do not lower your leg all the way back to start, keep it at 90 degrees and pulse up as if you are trying to kick the ceiling.
3.) 25 straight leg lower-lifts, each leg.
4.) 25 straight leg pulses, each leg — lift that leg higher!
5.) 25 side donkey lifts, each leg
6.) 25 side straight-leg lower lifts, each leg.
7.) 25 side straight-leg lower lift pulses, each leg — lift that leg higher!
NOW REPEAT THREE MORE TIMES!