I use a blentec blender for all of my smoothies (quite a few people have been asking that question lately) but any blender will work to make this delightfully tangy and slightly spicy smoothie. This would also make a great juice if you would like to break out the juicer!
The below recipe makes about 2 servings. I usually eat one serving in the morning and place the other serving in an airtight container until later that day when I am ready to enjoy my second serving and I throw it back in the blender with about 6-8 ice cubes and voila! Just be sure to consume your smoothie mix within 8-12 hours after you make it that morning.
Many of you have been asking about jalapenos and if this smoothie is extremely spicy. You will only notice a slight kick of spice, but if you are sensitive to spicy foods, maybe start with 1/2 jalapeno and add more to your liking. Jalapenos fight headaches, relieves congestion, soothes your digestive system, acts as a thermogenic for weight loss, along with many other health benefits! (Source)
- 2 lemons, peeled and sliced
- 1 Lime, peeled and sliced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced (I use the seeds as well)
- 2 Kiwi fruits quartered (leave the skins on! they are so good for you!!)
- 1 cup frozen/fresh chopped mango
- 1 cup frozen/fresh chopped pineapple
- 2 handfuls kale
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 cup water or green tea (any liquid will do)
- Stevia to taste
1. Place your liquid in your blender followed by all of your greens, the lemons, limes, zest, and jalapeno.
2. Blend until completely smooth (the last thing you want is a chunk of unblended jalapeno!)
3. Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, add ice cubes if necessary to achieve your desired consistency . ENJOY!!
XOXOX- Reverent Lion